Windows Installation Demo Guide
Click here to learn how to make a bootable USB and install a Window from a USB
In Computer Science, Windows is an operating system. And the operating system is essential in the booting process of the computer.
What is Boot in Computer Science?
Boot means to make the computer workable. The boot process enables the relations between input and output devices.
List of Operating systems for booting the computer.
What is Taskbar?
In windows, a task is an element of the operating system that you use to open any program via the start menu button.
We can open the start menu by clicking on it or by pressing the windows button or Ctrl + Esc.
Normally we can see the taskbar at the bottom of the screen but we can move it on four sides of the screen (up, down, left and right) via mouse if the taskbar will be unlocked.
How to lock unlock the taskbar?
- Right mouse on the free space of the taskbar
A popup menu will appear
- To unlock the taskbar unchecked it
What is the use of the system tray and the notification area in windows?
The system tray is on the windows is also called the notification area.
You can see time, date and other notifications in this area. Email, youtube videos, Facebook and other notifications appear in this area.
How to change the date and time on the computer in windows?
To change the date and time do the following
- Click on time & date on the taskbar.
- Click on change date and time.
- Again click on change date and time
What is a folder in windows?
A folder () is a place where you can put other folders and files.
How to create a folder?
- Click the right button on a mouse at the free space where you want to create a folder.
- Drag mouse to New
- Click on the Folder
- Type folder name and press enter
What is the shortcut to creating a New Folder in Windows?
Ctrl + Shift + N
How to rename a folder?
- Right-click on the folder then click (left) on rename. Or
- Press F2 to rename the folder. Or
- Just click on the text of a selected folder to rename
How to delete a folder?
- Right-click on the folder then left-click on Delete. Or
- Select the folder and press Delete from the keyboard. Or
- Put the folder into the Recycle Bin by dragging the mouse.
Note:- The deleted folder is in the Recycle Bin. You can restore it at any time before emptying the Recycle Bin.
How to permanently delete a folder?
Select the folder then press Shift + Delete
How to enable disable Wifi or LAN?
- Right-Click on LAN or Wifi icon on the taskbar
- Open Network and Sharing Center
- Change adapter settings
- Then Right-click on your active connection
- Make it Enable or Disable